- October 25th – We wrote a blog post and explained our method for comparing the use of emojis across Barcelona and Madrid, and won the 2nd prize of scientific popularization organized by the Catalan Association of Artificial Intelligence! Here’s the paper and here, the awarded content.
- September 7th – Our paper titled Towards the Understanding of Gaming Audiences by Modeling Twitch Emotes, which was presented at WNUT-17, won the best paper award. Congrats to Francesco Barbieri, Miguel Ballesteros, Joan Soler and Horacio Saggion!
- September 4th – Our Master’s Student Albert Fullana received a grade of 8/10 for his work on predicting sentiment and usefulness in Amazon Reviews, congrats!
- July 17th – I defended my PhD thesis, which was awarded the Summa Cum Laudegrade! It is available at the UPF repository.
- June 13th – Our paper titled ELMDist: A Vector space Model with Words and MusicBrainz Entities received the best paper award at the SemDeep workshop at ESWC!
- January 30th – Gave an extended version of our NLP for MIR tutorial at UPF. Videolectures here and slides here.